Friday, July 5th, 2013
Hi friends. Well, the morning bait/Yellowtail bite didn't quite pan out this morning so we decided to get our butts offshore and try to connect with some open water species. We managed to find a bunch of kelps and we had some action on some Yellowtails that way but we never located a school of Bluefin that wanted to bite. We did see a few schools of BFT as did the other boats in the area but they were reluctant to bite for any of us. Hopefully, tomorrow is a new day and these things will get with the program.
We'll be giving this a half a day or so tomorrow to see if we can't do some damage on the BFT tomorrow before we have to book it for home. Our weather was absolutely flat calm all day with a heavy overcast but the sea and wind conditions were stellar. We've got a little rain washing the boat as of right now (23:42 hours) and a few brave souls are downstairs trying for some squid. I'd better go see what they're up to.
Thanks for checking in. Wish us lots of luck and we'll report back to you tomorrow. Hopefully, we can pull this thing out in the bottom of the ninth. Take care.
-The Supreme Team